Burstworks, Inc. (dba "Data Driven Market Research" and "DDMR") ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use our extension (the "Extension").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information ("Services").
This policy applies only to information we collect in this Extension and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this Extension.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Extension.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection, below).
Our website has its own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16The Extension is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Extension:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Extension, or use a browser on which the extension is installed.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Extension, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by registering for the Extension.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Extension and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Extension or your web browser on which it is installed.
You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on public areas of websites you access through the Extension (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information CollectionWhen you download, access, and use the Extension, it may use technology to automatically collect usage details, device information, stored information and files, and location information, such as:
- How you interact with websites you visit
- Results shown on specific pages on the web
- Information from trackers that web services use to identify you
- Demographic and psychographic details
- IP address of your computer or device solely for approximate geographic location
- Time, duration and extent of extension/browser usage
- Information regarding your web browser, operating system, type of device, IP address, etc. to help identify the specific device you are using
- When you install the Extension on your device, you may be asked to allow us access to certain information on your device, including your address book, contact data information, SMS messages, SD card contents, and other system information and tools.
- A unique device identifier assigned to that device or other information for that device in order to serve content to it.
- Other collected information includes IP address, unique identifier number, operating system, browser information, URLs visited, data from URLs loaded and pages viewed, search queries entered, social connections, profile properties, contact details, usage data, and other behavioral, software, and hardware information.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Extension or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Extension or delete it from your device.
Information Collection Technologies
The Company may use browser cookies, web and DOM storage data, Adobe Flash cookies, pixels, beacons, and other tracking and data collection technologies, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. These technologies may be used to collect and store information about your use of the Services, including without limitation, web pages, features and content you have accessed, search queries you have run, referral URL information, links you have clicked on, and advertisements you have seen. This data is used for business purposes such as providing more relevant ads and content, and market research. The Company may also use these technologies and other similar tools to relate your use of the Services to personal information obtained from you, through the Services, or a third party. For example, cookie, clickstream or other data about your activities using the Services may allow us to limit the offers and content provided to you through the Services to items we think you will find interesting and relevant to you, based on your prior online activities and preferences. We always handle user data securely, including transmitting it via modern cryptography.
For more information about third party ad networks that use these technologies, see http://www.aboutads.info/. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies).
Please note that by blocking cookies or implementing other restrictions, you may not have access to the Services or certain features thereof.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Extension, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
These third parties may use other technologies to collect information about you when you use this Extension. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Extension, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Notify you when Extension updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Disclose information to our partners who provide services such as website hosting, information technology, data analysis, and infrastructure services, email delivery, auditing, customer service. This includes the disclosure of both personally identifiable and automatically collected information to affiliated partners.
- Match you to more surveys.
- Aid in the improvement of site performance and maintenance.
- Assist in developing robust security measures.
- Learn and design better online products and services.
- Conduct aggregated analysis for market research reports.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Extension and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Extension according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Extension.
We use location information we collect to determine which country you live in for advertising targeting and analytics purposes.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our active panelists or other Extension users is among the assets transferred.
- To business partners to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information, below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Extension EULA.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
If you do not consent to collection of your online digital behavior, you may decline to continue the installation of the Extension. If you install this Extension and would potentially like to uninstall, you may do so by following the instructions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. You may opt-out by following the opt-out steps here:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by visiting https://www.panelmeasurement.com/optin.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit here https://ddmr.com/privacy-extension-ca.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Extension that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer, 340 S Lemon Ave # 4664 Walnut, CA 91789.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
If you are a resident of or are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Personal data you provide is only collected with your consent, and may be transmitted outside of the EEA to DDMR (or computer servers maintained for the benefit of DDMR) pursuant to that consent.
In general, under the GDPR you may:
- request access to your personal data
- have incomplete or incorrect data corrected
- have your personal data deleted
- suspend or restrict our use of your personal data, or withdraw your consent
- request a copy of your personal data
- complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your rights under the GDPR are not being respected
Should you request a copy of your personal data under the GDPR, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee. Should you request the deletion of your personal data, COS will generally do so as soon as practicable, although your right to have your personal data deleted is subject to exceptions, such as, for example, compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Contact DDMR's Data Protection Officer, below, if you have concerns regarding your personal data, or wish to exercise any of these listed rights.
Note that, if you are in the EEA, we may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. By way of example, this may happen if your personal data is transferred to our servers located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We always handle user data securely, including transmitting it via modern cryptography.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Your account with us is password-protected, and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Extension. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Email: email@example.com 340 S Lemon Ave # 4664 Walnut, CA 91789
Data Protection Officer: The DPO may be contacted regarding any questions about personal data practices and policies and may be contacted at:
Attn: Data Protection Officer 340 S Lemon Ave #4664, Walnut, CA 91789 firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact us via our toll-free number: +1 (888) 556-9655